Recipes: Ciabatta Crostini
10 November 2022
Our recipe this week is super simple and versatile. Crostini is the perfect way for making your bread go further – particularly if it’s gotten a little bit stale – and will help you to reduce waste around the home as it will last at least a week in an airtight container after it’s made. Believed to have originated in the Middle Ages, these crunchy little morsels are perfect for sprinkling on a salad or making Bruschetta out of. So next time you pick up a loaf of Volare Ciabatta, consider making it go further using the recipe below.
1 Ciabatta Loaf
1/4 cup Olive Oil
Flake Salt to serve
- Preheat oven to 160 degree.
- Slice ciabatta loaf to 2-4mm slices.
- Lightly brush both sides of each piece with olive oil.
- Place slices on oven trays.
- Bake for 8 minutes, remove from oven and flip slices over.
- Return to oven and bake for another 8 minutes until crisp and golden brown.
- Bake in batches if they don’t all fit.
- Sprinkle with flake salt.
- To store, allow to cool and place an airtight container for up to one week.