Recipes: Smash Burgers
22 March 2023
Better than anything you'll find at a fast-food joint, these Smash Burgers will be your new favourite go-to when you're short on time. We love to keep a pack of Volare Gourmet Seeded Burger Buns in the freezer at all times so that we can pull them out and defrost them for a last-minute burger night. Shop online or in-store.
2 Gourmet Burger Buns
200g beef mince (13% fat)
1/4 large onion, thinly sliced
2 slices American cheddar cheese
8 slices pickles
4 iceberg lettuce pieces
- Season mince with salt and pepper. Mix through with your hands. Roll into 100g balls.
- Heat a frying pan on high.
- Butter burger buns and toast in a frying pan.
- Add mince balls one at a time to the frying pan. Smash down with a sturdy spatula until thin.
- Add some sliced onions to the top of the patties and press in. Cook for 1-2 minutes and then flip.
- After a minute add one slice of cheese to top off the patties. Let cook for 20 seconds then transfer to the bottom of the burger buns.
- Assemble with mustard, pickles, more onion, and lettuce. Enjoy while still hot.