Recipes: Bread & Butter Pudding
13 February 2023
Valentine's Day is fast approaching and we don't think there's any better way to show someone you loaf them than with a home-cooked meal or. We're loving this Bread & Butter Pudding with Blueberries that our friend Jess Bicknell whipped up for us.
1 Whole Brioche Loaf
300ml Thick Cream
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
3 Eggs (plus extra Yolk)
1/4 cup Demerara Sugar
75g Softened Butter
1 cup Frozen Blueberries
zest 1 lemon
2 tbsp demerara sugar
- Grease an oven proof dish (approx 30cmx25cm in size).
- In a medium sized saucepan add milk, cream and vanilla. Heat until it reaches a slight simmer.
- In a jug whisk together eggs and extra yolk in a bowl. While whisking, very slowly pour in milk mix. Have someone pour as you whisk if easier.
- Slice brioche into 1.5cm slices. Discard ends. Butter both sides of bread pieces.
- Then cut slices in half diagonally
- Assemble some of the slices overlapping in dish. Scatter some of the blueberries.
- Layer the remaining bread slices overlapping and scatter the rest of the blueberries evenly on top.
- Pour over the milk mix evenly and slowly over pudding.
- Cover and let soak in fridge for one hour.
- Heat oven to 180 c. Sprinkle over the second measure of sugar, grate lemon zest over pudding and bake for 35 mins until golden brown.