Valentine’s Day is fast approaching and we don’t think there’s any better way to show someone you loaf them than with a home-cooked meal or. We’re loving this Bread & Butter Pudding with Blueberries that our friend Jess Bicknell whipped up for us.
Perfect as breakfast in bed or as a delicious dessert after a long day at work. Made with our popular Brioche Loaf but perfect with any Volare loaf you’ve got lying around.
300ml Thick Cream
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
3 Eggs, plus 1 extra Egg Yolk
1/4 cup Demerara Sugar
75g Softened Butter,
1 cup Frozen Blueberries
zest 1 lemon
2 tbsp demerara sugar
- Grease an oven proof dish (approx 30cmx25cm in size).
- In a medium sized saucepan add milk, cream and vanilla. Heat until it reaches a slight simmer.
- In a jug whisk together eggs and extra yolk in a bowl. While whisking, very slowly pour in milk mix. Have someone pour as you whisk if easier.
- Slice brioche into 1.5cm slices. Discard ends. Butter both sides of bread pieces.
- Then cut slices in half diagonally
- Assemble some of the slices overlapping in dish. Scatter some of the blueberries.
- Layer the remaining bread slices overlapping and scatter the rest of the blueberries evenly on top.
- Pour over the milk mix evenly and slowly over pudding.
- Cover and let soak in fridge for one hour.
- Heat oven to 180 c. Sprinkle over the second measure of sugar, grate lemon zest over pudding and bake for 35 mins until golden brown.